No, I am not becoming a LinkedIn addict! However, I do find some information on it a bit entertaining. Below are some of the comments and statements I observed recently:
- “To achieve the INCREDIBLE, you have to attempt the IMPOSSIBLE.” – Darren Hardy
- “We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” – Unknown
- “Fortune does favor the bold and you’ll never know what you’re capable of if you don’t try.” – Sheryl Sandberg
- “Set a goal so big that you can’t achieve it until you grow into the person who can.” – Unknown
- “If you really want to do something, you will find a way. If you don’t, you will find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn
What is the common theme of these five statements? Each talks about that motivation for action that can only come from within us. Attempting the impossible… make ourselves strong… being bold… setting big goals… finding a way… These statements are a call to action for us to achieve more than we ever believed was possible. Have you reached a point that you think you cannot achieve anything greater? Then, try harder. Are your achievements too small or seemingly insignificant? Then, dream bigger. Are you finding reasons why you never get the break or that no one ever takes a chance on you? Then, make your own break. We need to quit making excuses and find our own way forward. That’s the message from these statements.
So, as long as you have breath to breathe; as long as the sun continues to rise; and as long as your badge still blinks green when you come to work; there is something great that each of us can accomplish. Don’t give up hope and don’t stop striving.
This could be our best day yet… there is still a chance.