There are no words that can adequately express the importance of the Mothers in our life. Not only do they bring us into the world, but they teach us how to survive and thrive under every circumstance, how to treat others, and how to make a difference to the world around us.
I would not be what I am today without the love, nurturing, care, and words of both my Mother and my wife. They both have impacted many lives. So, today, in honor of them and all Mothers everywhere, I thought I would share just a few of their quotes that are most meaningful:
Words from my Mother
- “You can be or do anything in the world… that you are willing to work for.”
- “All I ask is that you do the very best you are capable of doing.”
- “You can learn all you will ever need to know about being a father and husband by watching your father.”
- “Always stand up for yourself and for what is right.”
Words from my Wife
- “You spend 18 years trying to learn how to be a good mother and just when you almost have it figured out, your job is done.” (She didn’t realize at the time that the job is never over.)
- “Some day, your youngest child will go to sleep in your lap for the last time before they grow out of it. Most people might not think about it, but a mother does.”
- “There are some things in our family that we might compromise on, but whenever we possibly can, we’ll all have dinner together around our own table.”
- “No matter what happens, we’ll figure it out and it will be OK.”
So, today, I pay tribute to both of these important women.
And, to my wife of nearly 42 years, our kids have been blessed beyond measure to have you as their Mom. Thanks for all you have done and continue to do for our three kids and seven grandchildren. I love this journey we are on together. You are amazing!
So, do something special for the Mothers in your life today. Cherish each day you have them, especially this day set aside especially in their honor.
2 thoughts on “Quotes from the Mothers in my life”
I really enjoyed your Mothers’ day post. June