Are you striving to just get through today? Is your life marked by expectation and anticipation? Do you appreciate the opportunities that come with each new day? Are you assuming that tomorrow will be just like today? Here are a few thoughts that just might help you reset your perspective:
- It was just an ordinary rock… until my grandchild turned it into a work of art
- He thought he would work there until he retired… until his job was ‘rationalized’
- It was just a date… until I fell in love and she changed my life forever
- She thought it was just a lump… until it wasn’t
- He awoke to just another ordinary day… until it became his best day yet
- An ordinary phone call… became the best news she ever received
- A simple act of kindness… changed the life of a distraught woman
- The smile of a child… made him forget all his own problems
- He yelled, “See you tomorrow”, but… tomorrow never came
- It was just another night… until worry and fret pushed any chance for sleep away
- I dreaded the day… until it produced my new best friend
- I feared the unknown… until it became the best time of my life
- Sunday night brought anxiety and worry… until she decided that was no way to live
- It was just a few snowflakes… that turned into lifelong memories that we still smile about today
“Men spend their lives in anticipations, in determining to be vastly happy at some period or other, when they have time; but the present time has an advantage over every other–it is our own.” – Charles Caleb Colton, Lacon
Today is the only day that we are promised. We have a duty – not only to ourselves, but to everyone we know – to make the very best of this gift of a day.
“Oh the places you’ll go! There is fun to be done! There are points to be scored. There are games to be won. And the magical things you can do with that ball will make you the winning-est winner of all.” ―
One day, the last time will really be the last time. So, make the most of this time we have.
What are you looking forward to? Is there anything coming in your life that, once you experience it or achieve it, will be cause for celebration and excitement like you might see for Baseball’s World Series champions?
Let’s not just try to get through another day. Let’s not take today for granted. Let’s look for opportunities to share a kind word, experience a smile, or make a difference for someone else. Don’t just let today happen – make it an experience to be savored and remembered. After all, today just might be our best day yet! There is still a chance, so keep you eyes open and your head up and expect the unexpected!