Sometimes, it seems the world has turned upside down. Things we formerly believed were right are now wrong. Things we believed were wrong are now right. We have enemies in our own land. Jobs are difficult to find. Taxes are high, but many say not high enough. Our infrastructure is falling apart. Prospects for the future are often dim.
So, is there hope? What is your hope? If you put your hope and confidence in a man or woman, you have been or no doubt will be sorely disappointed. If you put your hope on an education, that will only get you so far. If you put your hope on time (e.g., the future), we are only promised today.
What is out there that we can rely upon? What can give us reason for optimism for the future?
For me, there is only one answer to that question. My hope is in Jesus Christ. I have placed my life and my future in His hands. I know that I will go to heaven when I die. No matter what happens here on earth, I know that my future is secure.
So, you ask, how can I be so confident? How can I say for sure that I know I am heaven-bound? There are 6 simple steps or reasons from the Bible that allow me to say this for sure:
- God loves me and wants me to live with Him forever: “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” – John 3:16
- But, we all have a problem – we are separated from God because of our sin (sin is anything against God’s desires for our life or any disobedience that we feel, commit, or express): “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” – Romans 3:23
- We deserve God’s punishment for our sin: “The wages of sin is death.” – Romans 6:23
- Despite all our very best efforts, there is no way we can bridge that gap between us and God through our own works: “For it is by grace you are saved, through faith – and this is not from ourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.” – Ephesians 2:9 – 10
- But, God’s perfect Son – Jesus – died as a sacrifice in our place to pay the price – He rose on the third day and now lives in glory with God: “But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” – Romans 5:8 AND “He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.” – Romans 4:25
- All we have to do is to receive that free gift of salvation and believe (have faith or trust) that He is who He said and will do what He promises: “That if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” – Romans 10:9
There was a day when I realized I needed God’s love and forgiveness and I prayed to Him to accept Jesus and His sacrifice for me. I now put my hope and trust and eternal future in His hands. That’s how I can say for sure that I’ll spend eternity in heaven. Now, I don’t have to wonder about my future after this life. And, this assurance gives me greater confidence to live my life now to the fullest.
So, I know my eternal future. My hope is not in any human, or company, or money, or any other thing – as the old hymn says, “My hope is built on nothing less that Jesus’ blood and righteousness.” You can have this same hope and assurance in your future that I have if you simply follow the six steps outlined above. Or, if you would like more information, please contact me personally.
Have a truly wonderful day!